There is no better place to soak in the majesty of the Boquete region than at the remote Finca Lerida, just 10 minutes from town. Found in the mountains of western Panama, this 21-room boutique hotel makes it easy to get out and appreciate birdwatching opportunities, hike forested trails, visit a volcano, go rafting, zip-lining, horseback riding, and much more in this natural wonderland. Finca Lerida hosts its own walks, many of which go into La Amistad International Park, a declared UNESCO World Heritage Site, for spotting some of those rare birds. As well, the hotel can arrange for personalized tours of the endless coffee fields that surround the property, where visitors can learn about the coffee-making process from step 1. For almost 100 years, Finca Lerida itself has been exporting Panamanian coffee to markets around the world, such as Germany, and is now a key player in the country’s coffee economy.
On the grounds of Finca Lerida is also a world-class restaurant. Restaurant Monniche, named after the hotel’s founder, serves fresh ingredients in its savory local dishes. A large variety of wines may be enjoyed on the rooftop terrace or inside the restaurant boasting panoramic window views. Coffees served from the finca’s estate can be found in the café, giving you the freshest taste of some of the best beans around.
Of the 21 rooms found on this luxury property, there are 11 deluxe rooms, 4 standard rooms, 6 suites, and 1 stunning historic suite. The crisp, white deluxe rooms all include a 42-inch LCD TV with satellite cable channels, safe, plush toiletries, WiFi, and phone service. Standard rooms offer a more vintage décor, taking influence from the hotel’s Scandinavian history. All 6 suites are also romantic and quaint, with an indoor chimney and Jacuzzi tub with shower for those cooler nights. Finally, the featured historic suite, built back in 1929 by the original Norwegian owner, has a living room, family room, library, and even a second floor for relaxation.
Services & Highlights:
- 21 exclusive guestrooms with private fully furnished balconies, panoramic views, high definition televisions, and luxurious amenities
- On-site coffee plantation, available for guest tours
- Guided trips to the UNESCO World Heritage Site, La Amistad International Park, for hiking and birdwatching excursions
- Delicious restaurant serving both classic and modern Panamanian cuisines with an eye for presentation
- Beautiful setting amid the mountainous coffee region, along the slope of Volcano Baru
- Gift shops, newsstand, and free WiFi to keep you connected