The boutique hotel of Fazenda São Francisco do Corumbau sits on a beautiful farm amid a nut palm tree grove along the white sand beaches of Bahia. Named South America’s Most Excellent Beach Hotel by Condé Nast Johansens, this hotel offers total privacy, with rooms and bungalows along the Corumbau. Seafood and fish always comes fresh from local fishing boats straight to the hotel’s kitchen and served poolside or at guest’s open terrace.
SECRETS OF CORUMBAU
Remote and known only to the locals, Corumbau, meaning “a distant place” in the native Pataxó tribe’s language, is nearly untouched. Explore undiscovered secrets at this wide sand point that stretches out into the sea. Dive the long coral reef that stretches for miles. Kayak or sail up the Corumbau river to meet the native Pataxó. Discover their fascinating culture, traditions, and unique hand-crafted items in the village.
Guests can also hike anywhere along the farm, including the lengthy paths surrounded by the mysterious mangrove swamps. Bike along the shore or simply rest in a hammock admiring the sea.
TASTE OF PARADISE
With ingredients cultivated from their own organic vegetable garden and fresh seafood fished locally in Corumbau, the hotel’s cuisine excels in quality. Chef Teco’s recipes are a perfect mix of the traditional vibrant flavors of Bahia and international culinary art. Each dish also has a carefully selected wine, a special feature at the Fazenda, with approximately 40 labels from around the world.
Ideal forcouples and families seeking a remote beachfront getaway in a small and exclusive eco-chic hotel
- Fresh seafood caught daily by local fisherman and served at the hotel’s restaurant
- Scuba diving along the coral reef at Corumbau
- Exclusive access to the white sand beaches in front of the hotel
- Super Deluxe Bungalow: King bed or two twin beds; Private terrace; Trousseau bath; Natura bath products; Air conditioning; Minibar; Cable TV; WiFi; Safe; Ocean views
- Deluxe Room in bungalow: King bed or two twin beds; Private terrace; Trousseau bath; Natura bath products; Air conditioning; Minibar; Cable TV; WiFi; Safe; Ocean views
- Deluxe Room (main building): King bed or two twin beds; Private terrace; Trousseau bath; Natura bath products; Air conditioning; Minibar; Cable TV; WiFi; Safe; Ocean views
- Outdoor pool with deck and lounge chairs
- Poolside restaurant and bar
- Outdoor gardens
- Computer with Internet access available
- Over 40 international wine labels
- Massage services
- Exclusive beach access
- Bikes, kayaks, and snorkeling available
- Transportation to the hotel’s remote location arranged by helicopter, small plane or vehicle