Nestled in the wild highlands of Santa Cruz Island with stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and National Park sits the stylish Galapagos Safari Camp. Inspired by African safari camps, the hotel’s atmosphere is nothing short of magical. Experience nature surrounded by breathtaking views and memorable encounters with wildlife. From the home base of lavishly rustic tent accommodations under a canopy of indigenous trees, guests embark on guided day trips to neighboring islands and into the deep blue waters.
SAFARIS DESIGNED BY DREAMERS
Founded by a family of adventurers who brought the Safari tradition to the tropics, safaris are designed for all guests, whether traveling alone or with a family. Hop aboard the hotel’s boat to bays where pirates and whalers once anchored. Step onto the Giant Tortoise Reserve. Scuba dive lava tunnels and reefs. Swim alongside sharks, turtles, barracudas, and sea lions. Hike amongst the Scalesia and Guayabillo forests and on the volcanic island of Floreana. Fish with local fishermen aboard their boats – a favorite excursion for children.
HOME AMONGST THE TREES
Managed by the founding family and a handpicked team, guests feel the warmth and welcoming the moment they walk in. From the open lodge built on a hill with panoramic views, guests gather around the cosy fireplace, and drink fresh cocktails from the bar, or dine on farm-to-table dishes inspired by their chef.
Experienced at anticipating the needs of each and every guest, the founders, having raised their own children on the islands, are well versed in knowing the needs of both children and parents. There is plenty of equipment for children, from cots to wetsuits to bikes. Kids also enjoy the Kid’s Club, while parents and adults relax after the day’s excursions.
Ideal forfamilies and couples alike seeking an eco-luxe, safari-esque launchpad for exploring the Galapagos
- Farm-to-table cuisine from the hotel’s own garden and farm
- Excursions to wildlife reserves, volcanoes, diving, and hiking
- Family-oriented, customizable adventures around the islands
- Sustainable practices including a reforestation program and self-sufficient rainwater collection that is treated for use in the lodge
- Luxury Safari Tents: Raised on wooden platforms; Custom-made furniture, including cupboards and a writing desk; En-suite bathrooms with good water pressure, hot showers and flush toilets; Private balcony with ocean views and safari furniture
- Family Safari Suite: Three bedrooms (master bedroom and two twin rooms); Next to main lodge; playroom; accommodates six guests
- Organic garden and farm
- Infinity pool
- Kid’s club
- Viewpoint terrace