In the heart of the Galapagos Archipelago, perched between sunny, arid savannas and lush tropical mists of the volcanic highlands, Pikaia Lodge offers luxury by land and sea like no other eco-hotel. Designed for the active, adventurous traveler and curious dreamer, Pikaia invites guests to enjoy the highest level of comfort. Tour the surrounding islands aboard their live-aboard yacht. Swim, snorkel, and relax in lagoons and white sands. Dine on a menu of Peruvian and Ecuadorian fusion made fresh from local ingredients, paired with fine South American wines.
CRUISE PARADISE IN LUXURY
The lodge has their very own 105-foot oceangoing exploration yacht. Guests travel to pristine islands full of marine life rarely visited by tourists. Outfitted with a large dive deck, hot tub, sun deck, and private staterooms for guests to unwind, it’s the only vessel of its kind in the Galapagos.
Rooted in eco-tourism, Pikaia works exclusively with local fishermen who teach small groups of guests their traditional fishing methods aboard the hotel’s 35-foot charter. Guests can catch-and-release, or take their catch to the lodge for the chefs to expertly prepare it. For those who want to stay on land, the lodge offers guided tours of their very own wild great tortoise reserve, white sand beaches, and fascinating wildlife sites inside the Galapagos National Park.
FEAST FOR THE SENSES
The lodge’s own Evolution Restaurant offers an unrivalled view over the infinity edge pool, looking out to the pristine Galapagos National Park with mist covered volcanic cones. Furnished in a contemporary style with casual elegance, the chefs prepare a unique fusion of Peruvian and Ecuadorian cuisine. Lovingly prepared using local organic ingredients, including their infamous fish, lobster, and world famous jumbo shrimp, guests can then choose from the hotel’s varied wine cellar filled with Argentina’s superb Malbecs, or Chile’s sought-after Chardonnays and Carménères. Or, the barmen at DNA Bar can fix any number of desired cocktails.
Ideal fortravelers looking for deluxe Galapagos hotel with superb service located in a magical setting
- Private 105-foot oceangoing exploration yacht complete with dive deck, hot tub, dining room, and staterooms for day trips to surrounding islands or longer cruise vacations
- Small group trips on the lodge’s 35-foot charter boat to learn traditional Galapagos fishing techniques from local fishermen and have the chefs prepare guests’ catches
- Mosquito-free location due to Santa Cruz island’s sunny, warm climate that produces fresh breezes throughout the year
- Sumaq Spa, decorated with Peruvian travertine marble in a minimalistic Japanese zen style, offers massages for individuals and couples
- Terrace Rooms: Two queen size beds or one king size bed; Private furnished terrace; Panoramic floor to ceiling windows; Contemporary decor. Bamboo flooring; Peruvian travertine marble; 40" 3D HD TV; Safe; Mini bar; Unobstructed views
- Balcony Rooms: Two queen size beds or one king size bed; Private balcony; Panoramic floor to ceiling windows; Contemporary decor. Bamboo flooring; Peruvian travertine marble; 40" 3D HD TV; Safe; Mini bar; Unobstructed views
- Garden Suite: King size bed; Sofa bed; Private furnished terrace; Private garden; Panoramic floor to ceiling windows; Bathtub with views; Contemporary decor. Bamboo flooring; Peruvian travertine marble; 50" 3D HD TV; Safe; Mini bar; Unobstructed views
- Pool Suite: King size bed; Sofa bed; Private terrace; Access to private plunge pool; Private garden; Panoramic floor to ceiling windows; Bathtub with views; Contemporary decor. Bamboo flooring; Peruvian travertine marble; 50" 3D HD TV; Safe; Mini bar; Unobstructed views
- Infinity edge pool
- Homo Sapiens Explorers Lounge equipped with a large 3D HD-TV screen, 3D goggles, wireless microphones and amplification system
- Art and photography exhibit
- Sumaq Spa
- Lobby lounge
- DNA Bar
- Evolution Restaurant
- Private wild giant tortoise reserve
- Massage sessions available in guests' rooms upon request
- Alternative energy resources and comprehensive social responsibility program