Tierra Atacama is a boutique “adventure-spa” hotel on the edge of San Pedro de Atacama. The hotel provides guests with experiences combining outdoor adventure with indoor luxury and warm hospitality. Play all day in the delights of Atacama Desert’s rivers, green canyons, geysers, salt flats with flamingos, sand dunes and natural hot springs. Climb one of the eight volcanoes. Horseback ride the magnificent hillsides and return to the hotel’s exquisite spa for a personalized massage. Dine on a freshly prepared Chilean menu accompanied by fine wines, and later, take in a breathtaking view of the stars under the clearest sky on the planet.
A TREASURE TROVE FOR THE ADVENTUROUS SPIRIT
Experienced guides take guests on unique, spectacular excursions to every corner of the surrounding desert. Hike an ancient caravan route through Devil’s Canyon, see ancient petroglyphs in Vilama, or the abandoned mountain village of Peñaliri near Rio Grande. Visit the remote altiplanic lagoons of Aguas Calientes or Tatio Geysers. Jump in the natural hot spring pools at the bottom of River Puritama. For the extreme adventurer, climb Lascar Volcano, Chile’s most active volcano, for a full day of mountaineering and unequal scenery.
Those who want to skip daily excursions, Tierra Atacama offers private terraces with outdoor beds, perfect for curling up with a book or taking a nap. There are also gardens filled with native species, a small orchard, vegetable garden, medicinal herb gardens, as well as several fields of alfalfa and other crops, plus the luxurious Uma Spa.
REFRESHMENT FOR BODY AND SOUL
Uma Spa, which is an Aymara word for “water,” boasts an outdoor swimming pool, Jacuzzi, and an indoor heated pool. Three treatment rooms provide soothing cocoons filled with candlelight, relaxing music, and aromatherapy oils. Bask in a facial, massage, body wrap, and other treatments using natural desert elements such as volcanic mud, lithium rich salt, and desert herbs. Take in the steam room or Turkish bath to quench your body after a day in the dry air of the desert.
Tierra Atacama´s chef creates world-class traditional Andean dishes. Using locally sourced beef, Chilean lamb, fish and seafood, each dish is topped off with seasonal fruits and vegetables from the hotel’s own garden. Try Chilean crab-filled pastry, grilled pear salad with camembert, tender ostrich fillet with cabernet sauce. For dessert, taste traditional southern crumb kuchen with cabernet sauvignon ice cream. In addition, the hotel provides guests the opportunity to taste both little known vintages and well-known Chilean wines.
Ideal forthose who want a stylish desert hideaway that reflects the local cultures yet provides wonder creature comforts
- Views of the majestic Licancabur Volcano with panoramic views throughout the hotel
- Guided excursions on foot, horseback, or van to surrounding volcanoes, hot springs, mountains, and historical sites and villages, including tantalizing night excursions under the stars
- Uma Spa’s relaxing treatments including specialty adventure packages, specifically designed to soothe the body after a long day’s excursion
- World's largest observatory and telescope at the nearby Chilean Altiplano
- Private outdoor hot tub facing the volcano, complete with fresh juices, fruits and cheeses, or choose a honeymoon rose petal soak at sunset
- Nearby historic San Pedro, rooted in traditions and culture of the Incas, Aymarás, and Atacameñans. The village has an excellent museum, numerous restaurants, historic church, and wide variety of crafts sold by locals in the town market
- Hotel gardens comprised of ancient algarrobo and chañar trees, local plants and herbs, and enhanced by the original, old irrigation canals and renovated original adobe walls
- Oriente Room: King bed or two twin beds; Private terrace; Frosted glass enclosed bathroom; Outdoor shower; Air conditioning; Ceiling fan; Safe; Views of the Licancabur volcano
- Poniente Room: King bed or two twin beds; Private terrace; Outdoor shower; Air conditioning; Ceiling fan; Safe; Views of the Licancabur volcano and Salt Mountain range
- Family Room: Two floors: one master bedroom with king bed and private bathroom; Two rooms with two twin beds and bathroom each; Private terrace; Air conditioning; Ceiling fan; Safe; Views of the hotel gardens
- Outdoor and indoor swimming pools
- Gardens of indigenous plants, vegetables, and medicinal herbs