Situated in the surrounding plains of Colombia’s lush Orinoco River basin, Corocora Camp in Llanos Orientales offers a rare glimpse into the country’s cowboy culture and traditions, plus so much more during your stay. This is as exclusive and remote as it gets, with just four deluxe tents available, no Wi-Fi or mod-cons and very little phone coverage, though there is a great restaurant and bar, serviced by a friendly team of staff and guides. Instead, you have access to authentic ranch culture and cattle herding, horseback riding, birdwatching and photo safaris, as well as Corocora Camp’s very own conservation projects. So, for something truly different while staying in Colombia, a wildlife experience to remember and sense of blissful isolation while here, booking your stay at Corocora Tented Camp is the answer.
Real-life ranch in Colombia
Corocora is the real deal when it comes to experiencing authentic cowboy life in Colombia, with the chance to spend time with local llaneros (cowboys of the Orientales Region), learn the tricks of cattle herding, lassoing and of course, the all-important ranch BBQ! The history and traditions of this rural Colombian culture extends not only to the exciting cowboy pursuits themselves, but also a love of the land and wildlife within it, as can be seen while riding out into the countryside on one of Corocora’s well-trained and much-loved horses.
Exclusive wildlife experience
The available sleeping tents at Corocora Camp, plus a social tent full of books, sofas and games, feel every bit the safari wildlife lodge, with their simple though comfortable décor, vintage-style travel chests and hammocks outside; ideal for enjoying each picturesque sunset. When it comes to the surrounding wildlife then, whether being enjoyed on a nature trail, birdwatching walk or horse ride, there’s plenty of opportunities to immerse yourself into the action. Vast marshlands and Orinoco River estuaries here hide everything from White-tailed Deer to Jaguars, Monkeys, Pumas, Anacondas and even Pink River Dolphins! With numerous bird species, owls and herons to spot too, the daily sunrise walks, afternoon wildlife tours and nocturnal discoveries of Corocora Tented Camp are simply a must for nature-lovers visiting Colombia.
Ideal for Couples seeking a remote wildlife experience in Colombia, authentic cowboy culture and plenty of excursions, as well as a truly exclusive and authentic, rustic accommodation.
- Authentic cowboy lifestyle
- Abundant wildlife excursions and birdwatching walks
- Exclusive tented accommodation
- Sunset on your own private veranda, relaxing in a hammock
- Sleeping Tent: The four exclusive sleeping tents at Corocora Camp are spacious and comfortable, pleasantly furnished with safari-inspired travel chests and comfortable deck chairs, king-size beds and hammocks outside. Each is also equipped with an en suite bathroom and shower, binoculars and lamps, completing the ‘outback’ feel of these appealing private spaces.
- Restaurant + bar
- Communal social tent with sofas, board games, yoga mats and Bose speakers
- Outdoor relaxation areas with hammocks
- Lawn games including badminton and croquet
- Extensive list of excursions, wildlife safaris, birdwatching walks and photo tours
- Al fresco patio/observation deck and firepits
- Satellite radio communications available